Saturday, July 21, 2012

Paleo MEATloaf!

I'm just a tad behind on my blogging............I apologize!  My goals of blogging daily turned into weekly and now monthly seems to be how I roll these days!


These 3 little cuties keep mommy busy! 


Not only do I want to share with you this recipe, I want to show you how you can make simple substitutions to turn any regular recipe into a Paleo recipe!!

I LOVE meatloaf.  It's a comfort food that I not only love in the fall but I love it in the summer too!!!

I do.



I call this recipe "Lin's Meatloaf."  My awesome sister-in-law, Lindsey, gave me this recipe.  I made a few adjustments and now it's PALEO!!


Lin's Meatloaf

2 organic eggs
3/4 cup coconut milk
2/3 cup almond flour
1/4 c chopped onion
2 Tablespoons fresh organic parsley
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 lbs grass fed lean ground beef

Topping:
1/4 c ketchup (I have yet to make homemade Paleo ketchup but at least find ketchup with no high fructose corn syrup, etc!)
a little raw organic honey
1 tsp dry mustard

 I like to double the topping recipe!
Combine eggs and milk; stir in almond flour, onion, parsley, salt, basil and pepper.  Add meat.  Mix well.  Lightly pat mix into bread pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1-1.25 hours or until the internal temp reaches 160 degrees. 
Spoon off fat.
Combine ketchup, honey and dry mustard.  Spread over meat.  Bake 10 minutes longer!

Paleo meatloaf LOVE!!!



 
The original "Lin's Meatloaf" recipe called for cow's milk, bread crumbs and brown sugar.  I used almond flour instead of bread crumbs, coconut milk instead of dairy and a little honey instead of brown sugar.  There weren't too many substitutions that needed to be made but it was so EASY to do!!!

Enjoy!!!  :)

3 comments:

  1. hi there! I'm visiting Bend this weekend with some friends and have been strictly Paleo for almost two years. I'm hoping you can help direct me to some Paleo-friendly restaurants in the area? I've tried looking online a bit and it's hard to tell...any recommendations you could make would be DEEPLY appreciated! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi breanna! Did you get my email ok? :) If not, email me at paleoeatsbend@yahoo.com and I can help you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 Studies SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually burn fat by eating coconut fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete