Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Paleo in BEND, Oregon!

Welcome to my Paleo blog!  This is my very first blog so here we gooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

My name is Deb.  I am lucky enough to live in Bend, OR.  If you have never been to central Oregon, it is neatly tucked beween high desert plateaus and snow-covered peaks.  It's known as a town of outdoor enthusiasts and vacationers in search of active healthy pursuits.  It's absolutely gorgeous!





I am a wife, mom and a MRI technologist.  I work three ten hour days a week.  On my two off days, I shuttle my littles to swim, soccer and dance:  Gracie (5), Kellen (3) and Cashton (1).  I am one busy mom but every minute I spend with my sweet kiddos is beyond precious to me. 

Feeding my family healthy meals and snacks is nothing but a MUST!

Paleo Bender is a blog dedicated to my personal quest to keep my family healthy from the inside out.   I have always been a health nut but after having a family, it became even more important.  I'm excited to post Paleo recipes that I have tried and that are actually delicous!!  This is one of my favorite cookbooks.....




My brother-in-law introduced me to Paleo last year.  At the time I thought he was a bit over the top (shhhhhh!) only because I was naive and uneducated on the topic.  I started doing some research and realized he was on to something!  I read more and more, went to a Paleo seminar and decided to give it a go.  Once on Paleo, I felt like I had more energy, my skin was clear and I could handle the daily stresses of being a mom to three kids age 5 and under AND work 30 hours a week even better!!

In August of 2011, I joined a Cross Fit gym.  My husband, Ryan, had been going to this gym 8 months prior.  I've always been the "dancer", never the fast runner, etc.  I felt intimidated just by the thought of going to Cross Fit.  After watching one of the Cross Fit Games last summer, I realized I CAN DO THIS!!!  From that point on I made it a goal, I'd give it a try! 






Cross Fit plus Paleo has equalled to be the perfect balance for me.

I feel very passionate about Paleo.  I believe that being in the medical profession and seeing patients with cancer, ms or any other autoimmune disease, has sealed the deal.  Paleo is a lifestyle, not a diet.  If people can prevent these diseases, amongst other issues, let's DO IT!!  :) 

2 comments: