Thursday, March 29, 2012

Primal Pancakes



Good morning!!

I have the day off today so it's time to make the kids a special Paleo breakfast!!!

I like to make my youngest, Cashton, an egg scramble.  This consists of sauteed veggies in coconut oil (mushrooms, spinach, kale, chard, bell peppers) and egg.  He eats most everything so I'm trying to make the most of that now!!

The other two kiddos enjoy their "bomber eggs."  My husband nicknamed them as "bomber" so they think they are REALLY special, aka, the bomb!!  They have a few fried eggs.  We have 7 hens on our property so our eggs are AMAZING!!

Here is a recipe for my "go to" pancakes.  It's very simple and I typically use this mix for waffles, just because they are a little thicker.  The kids LOVE them!!!



My Cash man enjoying his Primal breakfast! 


PRIMAL PANCAKES:

1/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup of coconut milk or whole milk
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp of vanilla or almond extract
1 tsp of baking powder (optional, I have made with and without seen no difference)
1 egg

Mix all ingredients together. Pour onto hot pancake griddle that has been glazed with
olive or coconut oil. Cook each pancake for about 3mins on each side.

I double the batch to feed my 3 kids and myself.  I also add flax to the batter to thicken it up a bit.  They are divine!!!!  Enjoy!



Kellen sure does!!!

3 comments:

  1. 3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by eating Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are You Having Trouble FOLLOWING with the Paleo Diet?

    Want to eat healthy delicious recipes TONIGHT?

    Check out the: Paleohacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete