Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cupcakes for breakfast? Yes please.

I want to apologize for not keeping up with my blog lately.  My friend Donni and I have been beyond BUSY trying to get our new Paleo business up and running!!!!!! 

Yes, you read right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are starting a business called "Paleo EATS."  Located here in Bend, OR, we will be supplying everything from yummy Paleo breakfast muffins, energy bars to sinful salads and eventually ready to go Paleo dinners too!  We are both very busy mommas so my cute little blog has been ignored for a few days, just a little bit!

So to give my blog just a little bit of lovin', I'd love to share another recipe with you.

I LOVE breakfast!  It's the first thing I want when I wake up!

With the Paleo lifestyle, breakfast is SO important in keeping our energy up, especially with the RIGHT foods!  This recipe is simple, delicious, portable and kid friendly!  What kiddo doesn't like the word "cupcakes?"  Right?

Egg Cupcakes


10 -12 eggs whisked well
1 green onion
2 zucchini
3 big handfuls of spinach
1/2 a jar of roasted red and yellow peppers
6-8 slices of COOKED bacon
sea salt and black pepper to taste


Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease with olive oil two muffin pans. Whisk all your eggs in a big bowl. In a food processor throw in the green onion, zucchini, bacon, and peppers and process until finely chopped but NOT smooth (yuck…). Add this mixture to your eggs. Throw your spinach into the processor and finely chop and also add to your eggs. Mix the egg mixture well and using a 1/4 measuring cup, fill the muffin pans (you’ll be able to make 18-20 cupcakes). Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are set in the middle. These are great to take on the go and I like mine with some sliced avocado and green salsa.

I like to make these on the weekend so you have tons of leftovers for the beginning of your busy week!  Genius!!  You can also freeze these little guys for future use and I also recommend doubling the recipe.


Enjoy!!!




1 comment:

  1. Having Problems FOLLOWING with your Paleo Diet?

    Do you want to munch on healthy delicious recipes as soon as TONIGHT?

    Download your awesome Paleohacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete